Both singles and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible - meaning four people from different households can now play doubles. Court activity and coaching activity is limited to no more than 6 people.
Coaching activity is limited to 6 people including the coach.
Players should NOT congregate around the court before or after play.
Court users are advised to clean their hands before and after touching shared surfaces such as gates or fences.
Court gates should continue to be left open while the courts are being used.
Players should continue to bring their own equipment.
However, players DO NOT need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls - if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing.
If anyone who has played at Kingsteignton Tennis Club develops symptoms of Covid-19
they should follow the Government’s ‘test and trace‘ guidelines which can be read on the Gov.uk website.
Once again, I would reiterate that everyone’s individual circumstances are different and individuals must take personal responsibility as to whether they decide to play tennis at this time or not.
If you do decide to play then please take care to follow the LTA advice and guidelines. Also, very importantly, please note the hut will remain padlocked so toilet facilities remain unavailable.
Let’s all enjoy our tennis in this fantastic weather but please stay safe.
• Do not visit the club if you have any symptoms of the coronavirus
• Be aware the onsite toilet will NOT be available
• Please wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home to go to the court and again on your return home
• Bring hand sanitiser with you
• Take the minimum equipment needed, including a full water bottle and do not share with others
• Take all your belongings home, leaving nothing on the court at the end of the session
• Stay at least 2 metres away from other players at all times (including during play)
• Do not make any physical contact with other players (handshakes, high 5’s etc)
• If you need to cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
• Avoid touching your face
• Avoid changing ends or change ends at opposite sides of the net
Everyone must read the the Government and LTA guidance before deciding if it is the right time for them to venture back on to the courts. Everyone’s circumstances are different and members must take personal responsibility for their own actions.
Tennis is a great outdoor recreational sport, to be enjoyed by all, but please follow the guidelines and stay safe.
Kingsteignton Tennis Club